So, many of you know I am quitting work...after 10 years of teaching...I am finally quitting!! Hallelujah!!! Wahooty!! Praise the Heavens!! I get to be that stay-at-home mom (yeah, right! like I'm going to just "stay-at home"!!) that I've been waiting for for so long!!! I'm not excited or anything...
...and I even decided not to go back to work for the rest of this school year...Hallelujah!!! Wahooty!! Praise the Heavens!! I'm not excited or anything...(but I will be heading back for the last 2 days of school...how I'm going to leave my baby for 2 days? Only heaven knows!) With Drew's early arrival I was actually supposed to start back today but thank goodness for that Family & Medical Leave Act!! As of Friday, May 30th (Grandma Bonnie's B-day) I will no longer be a working mother!! (you know because technically I'm still "working" even though I'm on maternity leave)
That is until...the end of August! WHAT?? you say!! Yes, I have decided to go back to teaching...WHAT??? you say, again!! I have accepted a minor little job as a Preschool Teacher!! How fun (or CRAZY) is that?? What makes it even better is that my friend sought me out...wanted my "expertise" (that's her exact word). I'm actually really excited because those of you who know me well, know that it will be good for me to be a little busy. Like having a child to take care of 24/7 isn't busy!?? I know, I know!! AND what makes it even more betterer (4 year old talk) is that my sweet little niece Rylie Bug is going to be in MY class!!! Hallelujah!!! Wahooty!! Praise the Heavens!! I'm not excited or anything...
5.19.2008
You Might "think" I'm NUTS!!
Posted by
Amy
at
8:58:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






9 comments:
Ames, I totally know and feel the excitement you so well portrayed about not working anymore! Preschool hu? Will you be teaching in Sherilyn's preschool? That does sound kindof fun! Good luck!
YAY!!! We are so excited for Rylie to be in your class!
Congratulations. that is so awesome. My mom is a preschool teacher and has been since I can remember! they are a rare find... and you are one of them. Good luck!!
Okay...so now that its official can Brady be in your class?
Looks like you and I are more alike than we thought. I am working at a pre-school too! I wish my neices and newphews were going to be in my class. :(
I think that is awesome Amy and those little kids will LOVE you!
Amy-you are so cute and that baby is delicious!! That is great about pre-school, how young are you going? I am looking for someone to take Caleb!! Congrats again on a beautiful baby!
You know sadly enought as I read your message I stopped and asked Rich 'How long do you giver her before she goes back to work?' LOL congrates I love Preschool and the little ones! Were are you going to work at?
Thanks for all you support everyone!! Anne...I am not going back to "real" teaching for a long time!!! So be rest assured!! I will be teaching at my friend Sherilyn's preschool...sadly, I don't even know the name of it! I'll find that out! See ya!
Post a Comment