This just sounded too fun to pass by!! We'll see how exciting I am!!
1. I usually just read these but not do them.
2. I'm changing my ways!
3. I was born in Boston, Massachuetts (I misspelled it on purpose... MOM)
4. I remember eating big chunks of cheese in Boston.
5. I still love to each big chunks of cheese.
6. I'm watching "Fiddler on the Roof" while working on this.
7. I love the music in this movie.
8. I've been singing "TRADITION!" and "Matchmaker, Matchmaker...." all day long
9. Actually, I've been singing them since Saturday night when I bought the movie.
10. I bought it so I could show it in my YW's lesson on traditions.
11. I love teaching the Mia Maids.
12. It's harder than teaching Elementary School.
13. I've been teaching school since 1998.
14. I've added that up and it's been 10 years!! (pretty hard to add that one, eh?)
15. I'm quitting after this year.
16. I'm going to be a 'stay at home' mom now!!
17. I have a darling 7 week old baby boy named Drew.
18. I'm listening to him have the "heecups" (again, again, and again...)
19. I'm really bad at thinking of and writing things about myself.
20. I love spending time with my family.
21. We get together every other Sunday for dinner at my parents home!
22. It's a crazy, loud, but very fun time that I look forward to every time!
23. I've lived in Massachusetts, Utah, Illinois, Utah, Idaho, Arizona, and back to Utah.
24. I claim Utah as my home.
25. I grew up as an Orem snob and never, EVER, thought I would live in LEHI, UT!!!
26. It's not as bad as I thought it would be...
27. I love the character Golda, Tevya's wife on F on the R...she says at the end as they are packing up their belongings to leave to America..."I have sweeping to do...I don't want to leave a dirty house!!" Just reminds me of how I am each time I move...I would never just leave a dirty house.
28. When we moved into our house it was FILTHY!!
29. We've lived in our house for almost 2 years (this July).
30. We're thinking of putting it up for sale!!
31. I wish the market was better for sellers.
32. I met my husband in a singles ward (which he was too "old" to officially be a member of but came to on occasion anyways....thank goodness!)
33. I never thought I would actually date, then marry, a guy I met in a singles ward.
34. I was 30 when we got married.
35. I was "old" in the eyes of many others.
36. I'm glad I was older when I got married!
37. I only regret that I won't be having as many children as I possibly would have had if I had married younger...times a tickin'
38. I will be almost 50 years old when my baby Drew graduates from High School.
39. My mom was 37 (the age of my husband) when I graduated from High School.
40. I graduated from Mountain View High School in 1993.
41. I wish that I had played sports in high school.
42. I just wasn't aggressive enough to play in H.S.
43. I also wish that I had been in school choirs and school plays.
44. I loved high school.
45. When I read the Twilight books it took me back to being a twiterpated high school girl!
46. Now I'm reading her new book called The Host.
47. I'm envious of Val and Jill...they've both finished the book already.
48. I haven't found the time to read yet with all the baby stuff I'm doing.
49. I've found time somehow to do this list... now that's ironic!
50. I love to play Bunco.
51. I love to play lots of games.
52. I love to watch game shows.
53. I actually will record them on the DVR and watch 3 or 4 in a row!
54. My favorite game show is Wheel of Fortune.
55. I will be on that show one day!
56. I also love the game "Press Your Luck".
57. I hate the Whammy's!!
58. Two summers ago I religiously watched the old Richard Dawson Family Feud.
59. I was hoping to see the show with my mom and her mom and sisters on it.
60. I never saw it.
61. I love the smell of baby lotion.
62. I love that I have a baby now so there is no excuse for me to not being able to wear it myself.
63. I'm scared of the dark.
64. I still "freak" myself out when I'm in the basement and have to turn off the lights to go upstairs!
65. I love to bake.
66. I make really good cookies...I'm in the process of perfecting the homemade Oreo.
67. I have a really cute husband who is a REALLY cute daddy.
68. I love the sound of train whistle/horn.
69. I hear it at least 10 times a day.
70. I get excited when I get to see the train...especially at Taylor and Jill's house!
71. I'm diabetic.
72. I was just about to graduate from Ricks College when I found out!
73. I did not get diabetes because of eating too much sugar.
74. I do like to eat sweets though.
75. I'm grateful to live in a time when modern medicine is so advanced that I can live a pretty normal life...eat what I want, have a child, etc., etc.
76. I wear an insulin pump, which acts like a pancreas.
77. I won't tell you how much it cost!
78. I'm thankful for really, REALLY good health insurance.
79. I love my 3, almost 4, sister-in-laws.
80. I LOVE my one and only sister, too!
81. I love to sleep.
82. I'm somewhat getting use to my lack of sleep.
83. I do enjoy nursing my baby though (even though I have to wake up at 3 am to do it)
84. I love the outdoors.
85. I want to hike more than I do but my bloodsugars go wacky when I do.
86. I enjoy scrapbooking and making cards.
87. I should, really should, clean my "crap"book room.
88. I want to be a better photographer...like my siblings!
89. I once wanted to open a Bridal shop with my cousin Marilee...we had it all planned and dang, it would be fabulous!! (remember Mar?)
90. I love to load the dishwasher, but I hate to unload it! I practically refuse.
91. I have a huge puppy named Forrest.
92. I love to plan and organize parties and get togethers.
93. I'm planing on making these awesome baby books and selling them.
94. I wish I was better at finding good deals, like on Craig's List,etc.
95. I hope that my friends know that I love them and that I really care about them, even if I don't call them.
96. I don't care much for talking on the phone.
97. I was awarded the Golden Apple Award (Teacher of the Year) at my school this year. I had to brag about something pretty cool!
98. I LOVE Disneyland and wish my husband would start loving it again!
99. I had a benign lump removed from my breast in 2001.
100. I can't believe I made it to 100...and now I'm thinking of lots and lots of other things to say...but will save something for you all to learn about me at another time and place!
+1. I have many dreams and aspirations (many hidden away in my mind). But I'm so happy that the most important one to me came true this year when I became a mother! I love it!
5.26.2008
100 + 1 Things About Me
Posted by
Amy
at
10:31:00 PM
Labels: Amy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






9 comments:
Well there was not much a didn't know about you on that list. I suppose that it's a good thing, I must know you pretty well. And of course I LOVE YOU, my one and only sister, too!
I loved this Amy! I just borrowed the Host from my sis in law and can't wait to start.
I love your 100+1 list. Especially the +1. That's the one I am most excited about for myself! Congrats about the Golden Apple award. AWESOME! I miss you! We should be coming to Utah in December. I know that's a long long ways away, but just was lettin' you know! We will want to see you guys!
Awesome list Amy! So many things I want to comment on but I'll keep it to a minimum! First, Congrats on the teacher award this year. I didn't know about that! Also, Yes I TOTALLY remember our plan to open a Bridal shop and still talk about it with Adam ALL THE TIME! We will do it someday, I'm totally convinced of that! Also, when your dream came true of being a mommy so did mine and many others! We're SOOOOOOO happy for you to be a mommy! Love you lots Sista/Cuz!
Amy~I graduated from Mountain View in 1992....time to pull out the yearbooks!
I'll open the bridal shop with you!! I'm glad someone likes to hear the train whistle cause I sure don't! Let me know when you finish the Host and tell me if you like it! There was more I wanted to comment on but I forgot...its late.
Let me know when you have perfected the homemade Oreo. When I made the recipe I found on the internet I halved it at it was yummy but then the other day I made a full batch and they weren't nearly as good. They were grainy and not as soft and chewy. So let me know if you figure it out. -Christy P.S. It was fun to read all the things about you
And just where young lady do you plan on going if you put your house up for sale? I love you house and I love you and you better not be thinking of moving
Hi Amy, I saw your post on WKTGS, and had to stop by to say hi. I am a childhood friend of Marilee's, and she put me on as a contributor too. Your 100 list was so cute. I was just thinking about the Mia Maid lesson I taught today -same one as you, and I laughed about you showing the movie cause I almost did the same thing!!! I love teaching those girls!! Congrats on becoming a mother :-) Hope you don't mind me stopping by.
Post a Comment