Daisypath Anniversary tickers

9.08.2008

A Major Minor Update!


I've been wanting to post for what seems a couple weeks now and life has just been that...LIFE!! It hasn't seemed to slow down much, rather, I really feel it has sped up!

Drew is now 5 months old, yesterday, and growing so much each day! I sure do love this kid!! I feel so blessed to be his mommy!! :) He started rolling over from back to tummy yesterday while we were at my parents' for Sunday dinner!! I was so excited...cheering him on all the way! He is growing like a weed. He was 15 lbs. 7 oz. on Wednesday when his Welcome Baby nurse came for our last session!! He is doing marvelous with his development...he's so smart and "quite advanced" for his age....you know with what's expected of kids these days I may have to make sure he's reading by the time he is 2 1/2!!! (we'll save that soap box for another day!)


Speaking of what's expected of kids....I started teaching preschool a couple weeks ago! Wow! What a change of pace...I do love it though! These kids are so stinkin' cute....very busy, but cute, especially those 3 year olds...phew! The best part of preschool is that I get to spend time with my niece Rylie and my cousin/nephew Brady!! They are so full of life and love school!! It makes it so fun having them be there!! I love it because I get to continue to have fun teaching and being silly! I just love all the fun songs I'm learning this year!! Just ask Rylie and Brady sometime about their favorites!! YEAH for Knowledge Adventure Mini-School!!!

We celebrated Silas' 37th birthday last Monday! We had so much fun with our family and friends!! Thanks to those who came to celebrate with us! We weren't too sure what the weather would be like but it ended up being beautiful...a little windy...but nice! We BBQ'd and played Volleyball at the park in our neighborhood and then headed back to our house for cake and ice cream and the infamous ROCK BAND!! Thanks to Shayna and Cameron for lugging it over for everyone to play!!! F-U-N!!

"The best birthday present ever!!"--Daddy



This year for Sigh's b-day I got him season tickets to the BYU football games!! He was super excited. They are on the tippy top row of the North Endzone!! But you know what they are pretty good!! We got them with my parents (my dad's early b-day gift this year) so this should be a fun season!! The first game was a couple days before his birthday so he obviously knew about one of his presents!! But it was fun to surprise him a little early and then still have more to open on September 1st!! One of his gifts before the game on Saturday was a "family" gift!! I had gotten him a BYU flag to hang up outside on game days, Y beanies for the cold games (for both of us), and then full on BYU clothes for Drew!!! Decked out from head to toe...mommy style!!! He's being "trained" nice and early...but since Daddy won't wear anything BYU to the actual games, Buddley gets to!! So when our friends or family watch him on game day be prepared for the cutest BYU fan ever!!!



8 comments:

Kacey said...

Love Drew in all his BYU gear!! He's getting so big. And Happy Birthday Silas...looks like you had a good one. :-)

Julie said...

Don't let Uncle Don know that Silas won't wear BYU stuff to the games. He would be sorely dissapointed. Hahaha. I so wish we could've come to the party...silly sick kids!

Sidemoss said...

That is a good post. Plenty of great pictures of Buddly! He definitely looks good in dark blue.

Unknown said...

So can we plan an arranged marriage? I want Mylie to marry Drew someday. He is SO cute!

Richie will be incredibly jealous when I tell him you got Silas BYU football season tickets. Richie is actually going to the game this Saturday, and I know his family's seats are below your family's (if they are in the same place as a couple years ago.) So look for him!

Fortuna Watt said...

Scrolling past the pictures, Olivea said "I love Amy, she is pretty cute".

Amy said...

Thanks Olivea!!! I think you are SO cute!! Love and miss you guys!!

Amy said...

When I saw pics of both babies in BYU garb I thought the same things as Angie! How fun.

McKenna said...

You are making it impossible for me to not leave a comment saying how utterly adorable my little Drew is. But the repetition is never wasted because it rings true time and time again. I love you and miss you all. Happy B-day Sci!