As of Friday night I was put on strict bedrest by Dr. Melendez...he is soooo mean!! jk I had to do another 24 hour urninalysis, my favorite past time these days. So...when I take the lovely jug in I then head upstairs to Labor & Delivery for the NST and to wait for the results of the test. While I'm resting, literally, I don't even turn on the TV or read I get to listen. I love laying there listening to Drew's heartbeat, it's soothing and puts me to sleep. Anyway, the same issue has arisen with my blood pressure (get it "risen"). It just wouldn't come down this time. It wanted to hover around the 140/89 area which is borderline too high for the pregnant types. My test levels came back the lowest they have ever been at 141. For pre-eclampsia they look for #'s over 300, so I'm normal there, phew! But the doc still wanted me to be on bedrest for the weekend....
So here I am, being a good girl, and staying in bed. I have been in bed for the past 43 hours, give or take an hour or so when I get up to use the restroom, or take a shower. I feel like I'm getting bed sores already and I keep thinking about the grandparents in the movie "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory"...heaven forbid!!
Last night all the girls and kids came over and we ordered take out from Chili's so I wouldn't have to be home alone during the Priesthood session. Thanks MOM, Val, Jill, Jamie (Kendall's FIANCE), Courtney, Rylie, Saige, and the lone boy Cole for coming over to be with me!! It was nice to sit on my comfy leather chair rather than the bed for a little while! Cute Rylie kept coming up to me and would lay at my side and look at me with those gorgeous blue eyes and say "I love you!" And then she would rub my tummy and snuggle me!!
This isn't easy but I'm coping especially since I have my SWEET husband who is so willing to take care of me and for my supportive family! I'm comforted too by the sweet spirit I have felt while watching ALL of conference. Couldn't ask for a better weekend to be bedridden, that's for sure!!
4.06.2008
Official Bedrest Ordered!!
Posted by
Amy
at
12:13:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






4 comments:
Oh you poor thing, I'm sure you are bored to death! Call me if you want to chat and hang in there.
Hey Ame, So sorry for your bedridden condition! I totally wanted to come by and visit over the weekend but things got a little crazy with Adam's family activities and i didn't make it! Hope you can get off bed rest soon! LOVE YOU!!
Amy, you are doing awesome! You have the best attitude about all this. Just a little while to go and you will have cute baby Drew to snuggle and love and it will all be worth it! I'm with you on the bed rest during conference weekend. What a perfect time to rest, reflect and let the spirit of conference wash over and edify you. In fact, I wouldn't have minded a little more bed rest during conference myself. Hang in there.
Love ya!
Hi Amy! I've been thinking about you lots lately! Hope bedrest isn't too miserable. Just be glad that you're not standing up teaching! :) Let me know if I can do anything.
Post a Comment