A few days before we left for our San Diego Christmas, Drew, Reagan and I made a quick stop at the store. On our way in I noticed the "bell ringer" and, like always, thought to myself..."on the way out". This day was no different, except the thought, "I already donated ($. 50) this year", which crossed my mind as well! I 'm ashamed to admit that, but none the less, I admit it!
Well, as we left the store, Drew was sitting in the seat of the cart next to my purse. As we proceeded toward the van, avoiding the little, red bucket... I looked down to see Drew reaching into my purse, pulling out my wallet, unzipping my change pocket, and grabbing a coin, a penny, and holding it up for me to see. His eyes telling me to turn around, to go back. Of course, realizing what he wanted to do, I immediately did turn around and we did head back to the little, red bucket...all the way thanking Heavenly Father for my sweet, little boy!
As we walked back to the van the tears filled my eyes, and continued all the way home, as I realized the lesson my two year old son had just taught me!
He had seen and helped me do this one other time before!
Thank you, Sweet Boy!







6 comments:
I agree...what a sweet story and a sweet little boy!
Precious! You've raised him well Amy!
As saying the saying goes "out of the mouth of babes", yet this was without words!! Very tender!!
Nice job, mom. You listened and let it happen.
LOVE this!!!
How sweet is that? Just about the sweetest thing ever. Man that boy has got a heart, I tell you what!
Post a Comment