As the restless night has already gotten the best of me, I've decided to blog. I not only have pregnancy (self diagnosed, mind you) induced insomnia, I have this nagging cough and slightly stuffy nose that I can't seem to kick!! So not only am I not sleeping but I'm sure I'm giving my unborn child 'shakin' baby syndrome'!!!! Seriously, I'm worried about it and a billion other things!!! Other than that....I don't really know that I have much to say, my lack of sleep and the lack of brain power pregnancy alone gives me, I'm at a loss for words. (wah, wah...poor me!!)
I could write about Drew and how stinkin' cute and fun he is...
I could write about .... that's just it....I can't think of a darn thing to write about! I know I have so much to do to be ready for this new little addition to our family and my mind seems to be racing these days with all the preparations that I still need to make. So, maybe, that's what I will write about this time. (I will write about Drew--I've got at least 3 stories to blog about but will do those later, promise! This will not be my only sleepless night, I assure you!)
Here is my list of BABY GIRL To Do's: (mind you some are done and some are not)
1. Order baby bedding- check
2. Pick paint colors- check
3. Buy paint colors
4. Paint room: baseboards, ceiling, doors, and walls
5. Find mini-chandelier and order (no luck so far on this endeavor...help??)
6. Set up crib
7. Rocker-clean and move
8. Side table with lamp
9. Shelf around room
10. Find "bring home" outfit- check (with a question mark)
11. Pick up carseat from Jill
12. Make cover for carseat
13. Make carseat canopy
14. Make nursing cover
15. IKEA closet shelf-check
16. IKEA baskets for shelf (4)
17. Get baby items loaned to Jenn
18.Find just the right "pink" sheets (2)-check
19. Find double stroller to fit carseat and Drew
20. Pink or white baby hangers
21. Garbage can for room
22. Start buying diapers (no NB size)
23. Make burp cloths
24. Have Sigh put together closet shelf
25. Have Sigh put together Drew's new dresser
26. New bottles-Check
27. Paint/decorate Name letters
28. Possibly return baby bedding and reorder another style!! :(
29. Pink binkies-check
So....that's it for now! Ha! Could my list be any longer?? I guess with all the time when I should be sleeping I could be checking more off my list...but I'm so tired!!!!
Oh and yes...some of you may be wondering how I could possibly only have 5 weeks left. Well, the truth is I have 8 but with being diabetic full term is 37 weeks. Which puts me at delivery around April 15th!!!! I have my OB appointment today (Friday) and will be scheduling an Amniocentesis and my c-section with hopes that I will go into labor on my own!! Found out I cannot be induced with a previous c-section due to higher chance of my previous incision rupturing! ahhhh, scary!
3.12.2010
5 Weeks and Counting...
Posted by
Amy
at
12:25:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






7 comments:
So much to do and it seems like so little time but then on the other hand cant come fast enough! Call if you need anything or any help!!
Oh the joy of the to do list. Hey don't make a carseat cover order one. www.hipncozy.com That is where i got mine and only $40. And don't get a nursing cover I will send you mine. I will get it out right now and put it in the mail next week. It is black and cream with big flowers. Let me know if you want it!!! I also have all the crocheted blankets my mom did for Brooks with matching burp clothes if you want them they are yours. Call me or text me!!!
Wow! That is quite the list! I can understand now why you can't sleep, your mind must be constantly consumed with all things baby and all the things you have to do. My mind is also constantly thinking of all things baby. I find myself thinking about the baby ALL THE TIME! And I'm still 11 weeks away. Good luck at your appointment!
My to-do list wasn't nearly so long. It consisted mostly of getting out Olivea's old things and getting them ready. I'm a little jealous of your to do list involving having a great decorated nursery! I guess thats the price I pay for living in San Diego.
So excited for your little girl!
Your list gave me an anxiety attack! What can I help you with????? Seriouly...call me! I'll help you with your projects and shopping!!!!
I'd LOVE to help you paint/decorate the nursery! (Julie would too-heehee!) I will be there April 1st to the 7th or something so take a few days and put me to work. My kids will be with me and can work too! Can't WAIT to see your litte baby bop! Yipee!!!
You have always been such a planner. Good luck with everything. Can't wait to see pics of the nursery and the baby girl!
Post a Comment