
We are HUGE....BIG....HUGE ....San Diego Charger fans in this house (I can hear the boos now) and Drew is the cutest of them all. The lucky kid has been extremely spoiled by his Great-Auntie Kathi with several Charger outfits this past year and a half!! I thought I'd get a few shots of him in one of his warm-ups!!!

Heading downstairs to watch the game!

Drew loves to help around the house...especially with Daddy who folds almost all of our laundry....what a good sport! Thanks Sweetie!! Anyway... Silas and Drew started this tradition...that after the folded laundry makes it back into drawers and closets, etc. Drew gets a "Basket Ride"!! He loves it. If I happen to be putting the clothes away and he wants his ride....he gets very upset since I don't do "Basket Rides"!!!

Like I said...Drew likes to "help" around the house with "weekly" (that's my reminder that these should be weekly chores) chores!! Whenever I dust he has to have a duster as well...following right behind me! It's quite cute and sweet if you ask me! On this occasion Drew decided the lamp and table needed dusting...all on his own....so he grabbed a wash cloth from his room and started cleaning!!! Cracks me up!! He's so smart and observant that it's scary sometimes!! He once came out with a wash cloth and started to clean up a wet spot on the floor because I had dripped something!!! Such a sweetie!! I better enjoy it because I know that when I'm really going to want and need his help...he'll be running the other way!!

Helping Dad with dishes. This was the first time he's done this little maneuver! He pushed the chair all the way around the counter to the sink to get in there and get the work done! He also likes to help unload the dishwasher. He'll hand us the dish and say "cank ooo" because that's what we say when he gives us a dish (thank you)!!

All during the holidays everyday I'd find my shadow boxes in new stacks. Drew LOVED moving and stacking these boxes...over and over and over and over...again and again!! This next picture is of him actually moving the boxes. He had moved them from under the tree to the middle of the room (nice laundry in the background), then moved them to the corner by the front door, then again to the middle of the room!! It's amazing he weighs nearly 30 pounds!! This kid is always moving!!! We just sat and watched, laughed, and tried to video what we could!! He's such a crack up!!


Drew loves to eat most anything...most of the time...but this night we were having tacos with black beans!! Yummmm! One of his favorites!! I love that he's really not too picky of an eater because guess who was??? ME!!! (but not as bad as my sister McKenna!!) Anyway, I looked up from my plate to see Drew with a little black mustache!! It was funny to me since we were eating Mexican food...I thought he looked like a little Jose!!

I know this is a random picture to have in. My camera was being weird so I had Evan look at it and of course he snapped a picture! Later when I was importing all my pics and was looking through them I noticed that Drew and I have the same expression on our faces/mouths!! Maybe I'm the only one who can see it but I thought it was funny!!

Funny kids....they love climbing into the bouncers and swings at my parent's house!! This is Drew with Brighton! Hallie had been there, too!!

This picture is of Drew's first undressing himself event! I knew the moment was close since he had started unzipping his jammies some of the mornings...but this was great to walk into and see...especially since he was holding his pj's and wanting to hand them to me!!

I know it would appear that my child is dead in the picture....but he's not!! During one of my 'check-ins' on Drew this is what I found!! Poor kid...looks so uncomfortable but is 'deader than a doornail'!! His feet sticking out, arms spread and neck resting on the tail of Louis the Lizard is just hilarious to me!! I did move him...after the pictures, of course! (or obviously!)

As you can tell I like taking sleeping pictures of Drew! We find him the strangest positions....so some become permanent memories!! This was a nap time!! Drew went through this phase of 2-3 days in row of not taking naps but I insisted he lie/play/yell at me...whatever... in his bed for at least an hour. I needed a rest, too!! So this time I had given him a book to look at. Remind me not to give him one of the cheap $1 store pop-up books next time!!! I COULD NOT believe my eyes!!! He had literally SHREDDED the book in to hundreds, maybe THOUSANDS of little pieces!! ha! (ok not thousands!!) The little stinker winker!! Oh well!!
So this story has a moral to it: You can NOT buy books (Usborne Books & More) from me and save several $$$ and not feel bad when your child does this to a book OR you CAN buy books (Usborne Books & More) from me that might cost a little more than $1 and not have them be SHREDDED like this!!

This was the day that Mommy, yes, Mommy left something out that shouldn't have been left out! No, I'm not saying I don't leave stuff out ever but this day Curious Drew turned a little more mischievous on me! It was much too quiet for anything good to be going on...so off I went to find my Drewbly!! He was sitting on my bed (thank goodness I hadn't made my bed that day) drawing on his legs, hands and MY SHEETS with black permanent marker!!! I felt so blessed that I had been lazy enough not to make the bed or my comforter would have been the victim!!!

Okay, this last picture is from Thanksgiving Day....I know long time ago. Kendall and Jamie had finally come to my house...hehe and brought the boys, Jacoby and Daxton with them!! So, of course, I had to get my baby fix. Drew wasn't too sure about that. He never got really close to me and Daxton but he made sure that I knew he was near!! He kept climbing up on the back of the couch (first time for everything and not the last I assure you). He moved from side to side and from being directly behind me! A little jealous, you might say, or he was just trying to get a better look at the sweet baby Daxton!!
7 comments:
Cank oooo...I love it! He is so cute Amy!!!
(both my kids have done that to pop-up books too! LOL.)
Amos, he is so adorable. What a cutie pie. I love all the pictures of him and wish i was closer.
Oh he is so cute and even though I was one of the ones booing your chargers, I would never boo Drew in his cute little outfit!!!!!
He is darling and I'm glad he's such a good boy. Olivia cries and screams if I touch another baby- we're in trouble in 7 weeks when we have a boy!
He is such a sweetie. Love him. Thanks for the pictures and stories and GO CHARGERS!!!!
AWE!!!! I LOVED this!!!!! What a wonderful peek into the everyday life of Drew, Amy and Silas! He is such a cutie patutie! Send him on over when he's being mischevious and I'll put him to work at my house. It needs a little dusting.
Smiling...smiling...smiling...Drew just makes me smile! Love that boy!!!
Post a Comment