Daisypath Anniversary tickers

12.19.2009

Traditions of Old! (Who you calling 'old'?)

I love this time of year! I just read my cousin's blog and my brother and sister-in-law's blog about some Christmas Traditions! So it's prompted this blog entry of my own! I LOVE all the traditions my family has done for the past several years. It's always fun to think back when I was the little girl, dressed as Mary, the Angel, or the Shepherd for our Nativity re-enactment with all the Scadlock Aunts, Uncles and cousins! This year has been another year filled with many fun traditions that are just that...TRADITIONS!

This year it all started with our family ornament exchange. We each rotate who we get to find and buy that PERFECT ornament for! We try to find one that represents something that has happened during the last year for them! Some years are easier than others but it's always so exciting to find that 'one'! Then all the memories that come when it's time to hang all the ornaments each year and look at the date written on the bottom of each!
I have my first one's dated from 1985!
Silas' parents were with us this year for the exchange so that was extra special. Unfortunately, for some reason I didn't get any pictures of Silas or Drew or myself with our ornaments this year (I'm on it), but have some others to show.

Cheese boy!! Love that krinkly nose smile!!!!

Getting ready to open his ornament...oh, yes then I had to help, hence no picture of the ornament!!

Saige with hers! First year in preschool! ABC-123!!

Rylie-our little soccer girl!!

Cole-Big Brother!

Barry opening his ornament. It was a heart with 7 NEW by-passes! We are blessed to have Barry still with us after his heart attack in April!!

Next is our Annual trip to the Festival of Trees! I personally have been every year for as long as I can remember! This year we did not do a tree in the festival but maybe again next year! It's fun to see all the trees--large and small, BIG and LOUD, humble and sweet! Most have a story behind why they are donated or someone they are dedicated to! I always cry at the festival for some reason or another! This year Jamie and Kendall were the recipients of a tree! Someone special to them bought it for them! It was fun to be there when they saw it for the first time!

Our little family--plus the extra little girl in the background! Ha! It was crowded so getting a picture without anyone else was hard!!

Kendall, Jamie and the boys (covered) standing by their tree! It's very pretty.

One of my many favorites!! Love, LOVE, LOVE the black and white!!! So cute!!

A closer look!! SEE how darling it is!! Oh-I'm gong to have to 'copy' it someday when it's time to buy new decor for my tree at home!

Another good one...with my ADORABLE boys!!

3 comments:

JulieB said...

How fun! Love all the family traditions.

Amy said...

I love the ornament exchange idea. I'll have to adopt that tradition. Congrats on the new baby on the way!

Julie said...

i need to go up there one of these years. Maybe start a tradition in my little family!