As usual, September started with a bang...day one is Silas' birthday! We had a fun time going out to eat at Chuck-a-Rama (one of Sigh's "faves"and the site of one of our first dates.) It was fun having Drew with us and spending the time together as a family. The big 3-8!! Wow, I can't believe I'm married to someone who is SO old!! :) I guess that makes me old, too!! It was fun giving him presents and then having birthday cake with my family at Sunday dinner a few days later!!
My attempt at decorating a cake...I quite enjoy doing it but need to practice a little more, but it sure was tasty!!!!
September also brought us Kendall and Jamie's twin boys!! Barely, before they were born, Jill, Val, my mom, Jamie's mom and sister-in-laws, and I gave her a double family baby shower. Jamie had been put on 'house arrest' for several weeks prior and so we had the shower right in their clubhouse and had both families attend!! I hope the shower wasn't what threw her into the complications that led to the boys' early arrival 6 days later!!! She looked amazingly beautiful and so cute even though we all know how uncomfortable she was feeling!! I had so much fun making the diaper cakes and organizing it with so much help!! Thanks to everyone who helped and of course, those who came and gave Jamie and Kendall such wonderful things to help them out with not just one but TWO baby boys!!
The boys, Daxton and Jacoby Ehat, were born the morning of September 17, 2009 in Provo, Utah!! They were 7 weeks (I think) early. Daxton was 6 lbs. 1 oz. and Jacoby was 5 lbs. 11 ozs. I was there with my parents and Jamie's parents when they were born. We were waiting in the lobby to hear and my dad got anxious so he walked down the hall and a nurse came out of a room. It happened to be just the room where Kendall and the babies were....so we all rushed down to the door to listen! They had just been born and were in the room being cleaned and weighed, etc. We could hear them crying, so cute!! Then we were able to see them wheeled across the hall to the NICU where they stayed for a few weeks! They are home now and have been for a while! They are so stinkin' cute! I'll post more current pictures later but here are some others for now.
Radiant and glowing Mommy in Waiting!!
The Diaper Cakes: Baby A, Brothers, and Baby B!
Sweet Dylann Baby...only a few weeks old!!
The morning of...Kendall in his get-up!!
Happy and proud daddy!!!
I wasn't allowed in the NICU...boohoo...luckily the boys' crib was next to the window!! That was so hard not being able to hold them for so long!! (It makes me cry even now, jeesh!!)
Okay, so there is September, well most of it! More to come, so ya'll come back now ya hear?!
The boys, Daxton and Jacoby Ehat, were born the morning of September 17, 2009 in Provo, Utah!! They were 7 weeks (I think) early. Daxton was 6 lbs. 1 oz. and Jacoby was 5 lbs. 11 ozs. I was there with my parents and Jamie's parents when they were born. We were waiting in the lobby to hear and my dad got anxious so he walked down the hall and a nurse came out of a room. It happened to be just the room where Kendall and the babies were....so we all rushed down to the door to listen! They had just been born and were in the room being cleaned and weighed, etc. We could hear them crying, so cute!! Then we were able to see them wheeled across the hall to the NICU where they stayed for a few weeks! They are home now and have been for a while! They are so stinkin' cute! I'll post more current pictures later but here are some others for now.
I wasn't allowed in the NICU...boohoo...luckily the boys' crib was next to the window!! That was so hard not being able to hold them for so long!! (It makes me cry even now, jeesh!!)
Okay, so there is September, well most of it! More to come, so ya'll come back now ya hear?!






8 comments:
You are so cute! I can't wait to see your baby and the twins in a few weeks! LOVES!
Cute! Her twins were big considering that they were 7 weeks early! :)
YAY!!!!! I love updates!! Too much it makes me cry and want to come home. You should just update all at once so that I only have to cry once and get it all over with before the Holiday's come, or this year is going to be even harder for me.
And by the way.. I love you and Happy B-lated to Sifi. I love Drewbly. And I love those new baby boys and that sweet Dylann baby girl.
WOW - lot's of twins in the Ehat family. how fun! Pass on my congratulations to Kendall and his wife!! That's exciting!!
Yay! I loved my shower! Thank you so much for doing that for me. You are so thoughtful and creative. And you got some good pictures on here. I love that one of Kendall and the babies. And not that I love pictures of me when I was preggo but I'm glad you got one at my shower, so I can remember how huge my belly got! And it is perfect that you can see my anti-itch lotion in the background :) LOL!! Oh the itching.......glad that's over.
PS....Can't wait for Christmas Eve!! I think it's a girl!
That pic of Dylann makes her look like an alien baby. Happy Birthday to Sigh. And good job on the shower!
I'm glad you're back on with the bloggin! KEEP IT UP!!!!
Post a Comment