So I just love being a mom and I LOVE bragging about how cute my kid is!! Drew is so much fun and has grown up so much in the past few weeks!!
Since he was considered premature or nearly-term, Utah County Health sends out a RN to do home visits and check the baby's development, etc. Anyway, she came last Monday and one of the things she does is weigh and measure Drew!! It's great because I don't have to wait until his doctor's appointments since she has been coming every month!!
This month Drew weight 14 lbs. 3 ozs. and was 25 1/2 inches long!! He is growing like a weed!!
Drew loves his playmat...he's been batting at the toys for quite some time now and just squeals at them with joy! It's so stinkin' cute!! He has the cutest little dimple/smile lines just outside his upper lip...so cute! I wonder where he gets those from...hmmmm!!? (My mom would say he got them from her!!)
Drew loves Tummy Time...really.... today I was at my moms working some Girl's Camp stuff and we were having some TT and the second I set him up on his tummy he rolled right over on his left side. We'll I thought for sure it was a fluke..lost his balance or something like that...so I put him back on his tummers....roll over.....back to tummy.....he rolls over again! I did it several times...it was quite exciting! Now just to get him to roll from back to tummy...or maybe that can wait!!
Another first is his giggling!! He has randomly been giggling for a few weeks now but today was a real giggle!! He has the most ticklish feet and he usually just grunts when I tickle them (I know...must I torture the kid?) Anyway, I started at his feet and was able to get a little giggle out but then I moved to his tummy and chest just below his neck....OH boy!!! The giggles just poured out!! He had been waiting to let these out for a while! It was so much fun and I was totally just so excited and thrilled that he was giggling!!
I'm so blessed to have such a sweet, good baby!! He's been sleeping through the night now since the middle of June...a nice b-day present I must say!! He's so cute and I hope you all want and get to meet him...he will make your day!! Just like he does mine every single morning when I wake to his smile as I pick him up out of his crib!!
8.04.2008
Week of Firsts!!
Posted by
Amy
at
10:52:00 PM
Labels: Drew
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






7 comments:
How sweet! Rolling over, giggling! The fun is just beginning. I KNOW I sound like Grandma but ENJOY these little moments cause they go so fast!!!! Seriously, from now on there will be milestone after milestone after milestone! Its a blast!
oh my sweet baby drew, I love him so much. I am shocked there are no pictures on this post. I wish I could see him giggling he's the most adoreable boy EVER!!!
I got to enjoy these adorable 'milestones' as well! I know I'm such an obnoxiously proud grandma. And, of course, all good things come from me the grandma! Actually, his little smile dimples come from Amy!! He is such a good baby!
I got to enjoy these adorable 'milestones' as well! I know I'm such an obnoxiously proud grandma. And, of course, all good things come from me the grandma! Actually, his little smile dimples come from Amy!! He is such a good baby!
Not sure how my comment got logged in on Amy's post - weird! so here it is under my name
Its so fun to hear from you! Congrats on your son. That is super exciting! I'm not teaching right now because of all of the credential stuff here in CA. Right now I manage our apartment building (which gets us free rent) and I'm a nanny in the afternoon. I do miss teaching a little bit!
Oh his personality sounds just adorable!!! I can't wait to meet him! Yes I do breast-feed. Do you? Was it dang hard at first? 3 weeks down and it still hurts a lot.
He is a doll... You and Silas are so cute with him! He is lucky to have a mom that is so in love with him!
Post a Comment