Daisypath Anniversary tickers

3.18.2008

4 More Weeks! (I'm not counting at all!)

Well, I've been really bad at updating (obviously) lately!! I just really haven't had much time but I told myself I would update tonight. Even it was just a very formal update.

We've finished the nursery..it's really cute. We've added a changing table and a white shelf with baskets from IKEA. We're still waiting on the crib...I've chosen a very popular style and it has been out of stock...but I will be patient.

Drew is still measuring 3 weeks ahead so that's good news that he hasn't stopped growing but a week ago yesterday he measured 5 lbs. 9 Oz. Of course I was feeling "bad" that he was so big and I was a little worried but then Jill told me that one of her twins was measuring 5 lbs. 8 Oz. and she is only 1 week ahead of me and she's not diabetic!! I feel bad no longer!!

I go into the hospital 2 times a week for NST's (non-stress-tests) and AFI's (Amniotic Fluid Index). Yesterday my fluid measured a little low...it's around 7 Oz. and should be up around 10. The doctor wasn't worried, but the nurse said if it gets worse they may put me on bed rest. I've been drinking a lot more fluid today, so hopefully it will be better. Not that that is the cause, but I figured it couldn't hurt.

We've scheduled the Amniocentesis (scary..BIG needle going into my belly) for April 15th so we'll see. I'm hoping I will be induced that week, which is Spring Break and then I for sure won't have to go back to work. I've just got to make it to Spring Break!!!

And finally...we've been taking a Prenatal Birthing class. It's been really, really informative and actually kind of fun! Silas has enjoyed it as well. He got to "change" a diaper tonight for the first time ever! He did a fantastic job. He was so cute. He would start to do a step and then he would stop and talk himself and everyone else through his thinking process. He did appeal to me once...he needed reassurance but then realized I wasn't going to help him. I must say though he is more observant of the diaper changing process then I thought. I knew he could do it! He will be a great diaper changer.

There's no getting out of it now, honey!! You have proved you are quite capable. At least with a fake poopy diaper.

7 comments:

The Meade's said...

WOW Amy 4 weeks!!! That is VERY exciting!!! I think time has gone by fast, I am sure you don't at moments!!! I will be at Forbes next week, will you be? If so I will see you!!!

Mom, Aunt, Grandma Ehat or Lori said...

Diapers . . . oh, just the beginning of all those diapers. Way to go Silas!

Deb said...

Yeah...I was waiting for an update! We are so excited for you guys. I'll see you on Sat.!

Three Men and a Janie said...

Tell Silas he did a good job. At our childbirth class, the guy who put the diaper on the doll (in front of everyone) put it on completely backwards!! I am so excited for you both.

Heather said...

So, fun! It was great to see you, I can't wait to see little Drew!

Julie said...

I can't believe that Silas has made it this far in life without ever changing a dirty diaper. Hilarious! Keep us posted on everything and thanks for the fun shower. See ya later!

McKenna said...

Yipee for 'almost daddy' Silas! Can't wait to see the man in real action with baby Drew. I can just imajine his great play by play commentary.

Don't forget to post pictures of the nursury, and of you, of course!