Daisypath Anniversary tickers

5.19.2010

5 Weeks...Already!

So our sweet, baby girl turns 5 weeks old tomorrow! You can say that I've been thrown into the "throws of motherhood" ever since her birth!! I seriously can't believe it's only 5 weeks!! I feel so good and have been pretty busy that it feels like it should be longer! But I do and have overdone it and my body lets me know!! It's been so much fun having two kids! It's how our family is supposed to be...for now!! I love it and wouldn't have it any other way!!! I feel like we've (I've) adjusted well...a few meltdowns here and there but doing well! Drew on the other hand...loves his "Sister Reagan" yet doesn't love her...all at the same time!:)

Reagan is such a sweet, easy going baby! I LOVE her so much!! Sometimes I just want to sit and kiss her cuteness...oh, wait, I do!! I tell Silas that I just want to eat her up sometimes..she smells so good (most of the time, hehehe!) She eats every 4 hours, poops before and after she eats, and sleeps in between all that! She is SO good and SO easy! We don't get to hear her cry very often so when she does (cause she's hungry) it pretty cute! She's already got that pouty lip going and I love it!! I still haven't had a chance to get her pictures taken "professionally" so my candids will have to do for now!

The following pictures are from the hospital and coming home! For those who didn't know, Reagan was in the NICU for our hospital stay! Very stressful and hard on me! Thanks to all our very patient visitors who would come to see us but really couldn't see us, well her, except through nursery windows when the Nazi nurses weren't around!!


My first visit after the delivery.

Daddy with his little princess!

Sweet baby girl all hooked up to the monitors with oxygen and an IV! She was so swollen!! So when she was born she weighed 9 lbs. but it was all water...poor thing!!

Great Grandma Ruthie (Silas' grandma) with Reagan Michelle. Ruthie and Silas' mom Chrissy came up the night before Reagan was born. The really, really nice nurse, Amy, let Ruthie come into the NICU and hold Reagan since she would still be in the hospital the day Ruthie left to go back to San Diego! We're so glad she was able to come and was able to hold our little angel!!

A not so bad picture of me...with my baby, of course!!

Grandma Cakey with Reagan in the NICU! Chrissy came up for about 2 weeks to help (& let me tell you she helped) with Drew and EVERYTHING!! We are so grateful for her and the love she has for us, her grandson and new granddaughter!!

A hospital stay wouldn't be a hospital stay without Dad (& Drew) trying out the bed and apparently the phone as well!! Let me assure you honey, it's not comfy AT ALL!!!

Gwama Lori...one of her many visits to Reagan in the hospital!! Grandma snuggles are the best!!

FINALLY going home!! It was a very long 4 days!! Couldn't be happier to bring Reagan home with us when I went home!!!

Our favorite corner of the NICU....see ya later, time to go home!!

Snuggy Buggy in her carseat!!

First picture with Papa!! Don't they look alike??

Drew's first look (well, second) at his sister!!
(He did get to see her for a short minute in the hospital right after she was delivered and on her way to the nursery)

Drew about to hold her for the first time...that was interesting! He didn't really want ANY help...kept pushing my mom's hand away!

9 comments:

R.D.S said...

Again Amy she is SO beautiful!!! I love all that hair! If you want any little clips made let me know and what colors, I would be more than happy to make them!

McKenna said...

Oh... sweet girl!! I love her so MUCH!! Now I know why I was really doing ok not missing home so badly... you weren't posting anything. :(

I love Drew's shoes and him on the bed with Si. He's such a cutie.

Silas is a cute new Daddy. I still have a hard time seeing him as one because I've sort of missed that whole part. Still getting used to the idea that you have 2 kids now.

I love Mom's new glasses! And I love Chris' hair! So cute!

Can't wait to see you! Hopefully this summer.

Janelle Ehat said...

Amy I LOVE all of the pictures! Sweet little Reagan is an absolute DOLL!! She does look so much like you and your dad! Sweet sweet girl!

Shayna said...

She is so precious!!! Love the pictures! I totally understand that part about going so fast but seems like forever! It seems like Cole has always been apart of me! Maybe he really has and now I cant imagine life without him in our family! LOVE YA

Heather said...

So cute! I am glad you are adjusting well and I am so happy she is such an angel! She looks so much like your dad. Too cute! Love all hair too.

Silas said...

Five weeks?! Blimey!

kimbob said...

time just will keep flying by! What happened that she had to be in the NCIU??? Glad things are going well :)

Julie said...

Oh she's so so so precious! I just love her and can't wait until I'm not sick and can actually hold her! The going home picture with Silas holding her is so cute. She looks like a doll! Literally...a doll!

Julie said...

I didn't realize she was in the NICU. That can really play on your emotions.