I know I'm way overdue for an update!! I seriously don't know what my problem is.....summer laziness I guess!! Too bad it doesn't feel too much like summer around here lately, so that excuse is toast!!
Drew is growing up so quickly I can hardly stand it!! HE is SOOOO freakin' cute, in my humble opinion and I just LOVE him so much!!! He loves to play especially with all things NOT his toys!! He is very self entertaining most of the time...not that I just leave him be but he plays very well on his own!! For those of you who have had the privilege to lift him lately, you know that he is a husky kid that loves to eat!! He's walking everywhere and is really cute about stepping over cracks!! Too funny...how he hesitates and then goes for it!
He's a little chatter box!!! He cracks us up!! He totally carries on conversation with anything and anyone!! I love it!! He also sings to himself while playing and in his bed and, of course, he loves to sing along when I or his dad sings to him!! It's really cute! He'll even sing at church when the hymnbook is open and he hears the organ!! LOL
Some words he can "say":
badada= banana
Mommy
Daddy
Hi!
Papa (on rare occasions)
baba=bottle
uh oh!!
hi-ing=hiding (from this darling book I read to him)
Beny=Bently (Jamie and Kendall's dog)
doggy (along with oof, oof)
d=drink
oh!
ow!
He loves his wagon...it's so funny to be pulling him around and to look back and see him just chillaxin'!! He's finally getting teeth!! Since he turned one he has gotten two bottom teeth and 3 almost 4 top teeth!! Now he's workin' on those molars...oh joy!!
While I was at camp this year my mom watched him for us....she taught him to go down the stairs!! He LOVES it, just giggles....he thinks he's pretty hot stuff!! But man does he give us all a heart attack when he does it!!
Just a couple funny stories of cute things he's done.
The other day we were brushing his teeth. I had helped him and then let him try. Well, he mostly sucks on the toothbrush but will kind of brush back and forth on his own..cute, I know but not terribly funny!! So, I go change him and he still has the toothbrush in his mouth and while he was lying there on the changing table he pulls the brush out of his mouth and proceeds to brush his hair with the toothbrush.....I thought it was so cute and it just made my day....
My other story is cute too! He was playing in the hall and in his bedroom when it got really quiet so I knew he must have gone into my room.....I try to keep my door shut just for my sanity. So I started to call out his name "Drew, Drew...what are you doing Drew?" I head back to my room....he loves to go on my side of the bed and find my purse... so I knew he'd found something. As I get there I see his cute little face peering over the bed at me and his cute little pudgy arm reached out towards me holding a fruit snack wrapper....as if he was in trouble....he was handing it to me. Of course he was "talking" or "explaining " himself to me as he handed me the package! It was cute and made me feel a little bad that he thought he was in trouble!! That's so amazing to me that he is learning that at such a young age!!
Which reminds me that it just completely breaks my heart to have to discipline him already!! He LOVEs to throw his food on the floor and swhoosh it back and forth on his tray making a huge mess ON the floor, ON the wall, ON the blinds!! Well, I decided to not "allow" this by gently tapping his hand when he does it and saying "no"!! Well....this does not go over very well with him....he looks at me with those gorgeous baby blues, sticks out that bottom lip and cries the most tender little cry I've EVER heard while calling out "Mommy mommy"!! It's unbearable!!!!! I so much want to just grab him up and cuddle him in my arms....ahhhhhh, man!! It stinks! He often times will bend down towards the tray, cover his mouth with his hands and cry and just let all the food in his mouth drop out....oh, it's just too much for me!! But I AM the mother and I will stand my ground.....(sniffle, sniffle)
Well, sorry for blabbing on and on....hope everyone is doing well! Enjoy the pics!!
Drew is growing up so quickly I can hardly stand it!! HE is SOOOO freakin' cute, in my humble opinion and I just LOVE him so much!!! He loves to play especially with all things NOT his toys!! He is very self entertaining most of the time...not that I just leave him be but he plays very well on his own!! For those of you who have had the privilege to lift him lately, you know that he is a husky kid that loves to eat!! He's walking everywhere and is really cute about stepping over cracks!! Too funny...how he hesitates and then goes for it!
He's a little chatter box!!! He cracks us up!! He totally carries on conversation with anything and anyone!! I love it!! He also sings to himself while playing and in his bed and, of course, he loves to sing along when I or his dad sings to him!! It's really cute! He'll even sing at church when the hymnbook is open and he hears the organ!! LOL
Some words he can "say":
badada= banana
Mommy
Daddy
Hi!
Papa (on rare occasions)
baba=bottle
uh oh!!
hi-ing=hiding (from this darling book I read to him)
Beny=Bently (Jamie and Kendall's dog)
doggy (along with oof, oof)
d=drink
oh!
ow!
He loves his wagon...it's so funny to be pulling him around and to look back and see him just chillaxin'!! He's finally getting teeth!! Since he turned one he has gotten two bottom teeth and 3 almost 4 top teeth!! Now he's workin' on those molars...oh joy!!
While I was at camp this year my mom watched him for us....she taught him to go down the stairs!! He LOVES it, just giggles....he thinks he's pretty hot stuff!! But man does he give us all a heart attack when he does it!!
Just a couple funny stories of cute things he's done.
The other day we were brushing his teeth. I had helped him and then let him try. Well, he mostly sucks on the toothbrush but will kind of brush back and forth on his own..cute, I know but not terribly funny!! So, I go change him and he still has the toothbrush in his mouth and while he was lying there on the changing table he pulls the brush out of his mouth and proceeds to brush his hair with the toothbrush.....I thought it was so cute and it just made my day....
My other story is cute too! He was playing in the hall and in his bedroom when it got really quiet so I knew he must have gone into my room.....I try to keep my door shut just for my sanity. So I started to call out his name "Drew, Drew...what are you doing Drew?" I head back to my room....he loves to go on my side of the bed and find my purse... so I knew he'd found something. As I get there I see his cute little face peering over the bed at me and his cute little pudgy arm reached out towards me holding a fruit snack wrapper....as if he was in trouble....he was handing it to me. Of course he was "talking" or "explaining " himself to me as he handed me the package! It was cute and made me feel a little bad that he thought he was in trouble!! That's so amazing to me that he is learning that at such a young age!!
Which reminds me that it just completely breaks my heart to have to discipline him already!! He LOVEs to throw his food on the floor and swhoosh it back and forth on his tray making a huge mess ON the floor, ON the wall, ON the blinds!! Well, I decided to not "allow" this by gently tapping his hand when he does it and saying "no"!! Well....this does not go over very well with him....he looks at me with those gorgeous baby blues, sticks out that bottom lip and cries the most tender little cry I've EVER heard while calling out "Mommy mommy"!! It's unbearable!!!!! I so much want to just grab him up and cuddle him in my arms....ahhhhhh, man!! It stinks! He often times will bend down towards the tray, cover his mouth with his hands and cry and just let all the food in his mouth drop out....oh, it's just too much for me!! But I AM the mother and I will stand my ground.....(sniffle, sniffle)
Well, sorry for blabbing on and on....hope everyone is doing well! Enjoy the pics!!






12 comments:
He is super cute!!!
Good to see an update! What a doll. He has gotten so big and so CUTE. I hate it when they get big enough to discipline too...it's SO hard! (Definitely worth it in the long run though to stand your ground.) :-)
He is growing up so fast! I feel like it was just yesterday that you guys were here and he was just a little dude! Now he's talking??? Where does the time go? He is SOOOOO cute! Thanks for the update!
Oh my gosh Amy you're so funny! Loved your stories! Drew is a cutie pie. Can Mylie meet him sometime between July 5-10? We'll be in Provo. Let me know!
You and Drew BOTH look so cute! I like the stories, too. Thanks for the update!
I love the update! What a cutie. We are coming to Utah for a couple weeks in July and want to come by and say hi while we're there!
What a handsome little guy!
I just love that bubby so dang much! I miss him terribly, I don't even want to think about it. Thank you for the stories.. just another reason to be homesick. :'(
I can't believe how handsome and sweet his little personality is. So cute that he feels so bad when he is in trouble, I'd love to see that lip quiver and gorgous blue eyes.
He is so stinkin' cute!
What a smart little guy you have there. he is a cutie! And already has a way to mom's heart. It's great to see them learn and grow even when there has to be a little discipline in there :)
he is such a cutie
That is not just a bit of cuteness. That is a ton of cuteness. Great pictures and stories.
Post a Comment