Daisypath Anniversary tickers

3.16.2009

Mommy Sweet Mommy

This is an older picture of Amy and Drew, but it shows to me the great relationship that the two of them have. It is so much fun to watch Mommy and Buddly interact. Amy tickles Drew, gets him excited and makes him laugh. Sometimes, she does not even tickle him. He just laughs in anticipation. He is starting to pick up on little things. Certain rituals and habits. When he cries, he says: Ma Ma Ma Ma. That is his first reaction as it should be.

Everyday I get a smile out of Drew. Usually, it is Mommy holding him up presenting him to Daddy. I think he has a lot to smile about. He has a Mother who is excited and energized to be with him. She takes him places and does lots of activities with him. We just drove down to San Diego with him and back. He was no problem. The weather on the other hand...

I am very appreciative of Amy and her desire to be with Drew and sacrifice her time to be with him. I get a stint here or there with him and I feel totally lost. I fear my own inadequacy and I am relieved when Amy walks in the door. I do not have good common sense when it comes to parenting, so I really have to work hard at this. Thank the Lord for Amy's desire to be a Mother and that she does most of the watching. And that she has common sense...

3 comments:

Campbell clan said...

Ahhh I miss having such a little one around. Enjoy it as much as possible. He is such a cutie!

Russ and Jamie said...

So Sweet! Amy, you are a good mother and you can see the love Drew has for you in his eyes! Silas, you are a good dad and Drew loves you, sometimes the natural instinct takes alittle while but you are a great dad!
Jamie

Julie said...

That is so sweet!!! I don't think Silas is giving himself enough credit though...I've seen the way Drew looks at his Daddy too and its clear he ADORES dad as much as mom!