Hi everyone! I know it's been almost (almost!) a month since I wrote on my blog, but the only exciting thing that's happened to us, since I started school, is that. . . I'm expecting!! YEAH! I wasn't allowed to tell until now and even now seems a little soon! I am 9 1/2 weeks along and for those of you I have not told, I'm sorry you had to find out through my blog!!!
I feel really good except for the fact that I'm super tired (nothing new there!), a little green in the afternoon-early evenings (I haven't pukied yet) and the fact that my sense of smell has magnified 10,000%!! Ohhh! I can't stand my perfumes, lotions, Silas' breath, colognes (one of my 2nd graders wears one really strong, wants to smell like daddy, yeah, I might have to phone his mother!!) and the smell and thought of hamburger is enough to throw me over the edge!! I feel rather bloated and not quite pregnant, just fat! But man am I excited, so I really don't care about all the junk my body will be going through, just as long as I have a healthy baby in the end! We should find out the sex around Christmas time. Sounds like a good present to me!!
Then the long wait continues to May 4th! One super great thing about May 4th and not June 4th is that I will be ending my school year about a month early!! Woohoo for me! Don't get me wrong, I love my kids but they can do without me for the last month of school right? I feel bad for them because I'm so stinkin' grumpy!! What should I do? Will it pass? I hope so! Anyway! Love to you all and feel free to share what advice you have.
10.04.2007
Baby Woolery #1 is on Its Way!!
Posted by
Amy
at
6:59:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






8 comments:
AMY! Congratulations I'm SOOOO SO SO SO happy for you and Silas! You are going to be a great Mom! If you get a sec you should pick up the book...The Girlfriends Guide to Pregnancy. Its not really a medical guide but for me it definitely helped add some humor to a lot of the not so fun pregnancy side effects...like smells for example. Oh gosh I feel for you there...that was one of the worst things for me!
I so feel you on the smells. I can't wear any type of scented lotion, which is the reason everytime I smell anything cucumber melonis I get sick due to my pregnancy with Jackson. Also if I ever smell the shampoo and conditioner I used with Reece ever again I WILL puke. My sister in law is also a teacher and due May 2 and is excited to end her school year early as well. And what's up with a 2nd grader wearing cologne? Random. Anyways, congrats! I'm so excited for you. As for being grumpy that probably won't go away until you have the baby because you'll find throughout your pregnancy that you're grumpy for different reasons. Right now its cause you feel gross and are tired and in 6 months it'll be because you can't move and are tired. I find that I'm sooooooo snappy when preggo! I feel bad for my family. Love ya...sorry for the long comment.
Amos, once again congrats! I am most excited for you. I'll cover smells first. I bought Steve a different deodorant by accident when I was prego with Brooks I think - I nearly died after one use and me almost using I went and bought the right stuff. Hamburger grossed me out too. Just stay away from all types of smelly stuff for awhile and you'll be good. As for grumpy just get used to it. I am a grumpy 'itch' if you know what I mean. It gets better and when you feel better it makes a difference too. Anyway, Love you enjoy every minute of it!
Amos, Where do I begin? First I am SOOOOOO SOOOOOO SOOOOOO excited for you guys! You will be SUCH a good mommy! I know because my kids were babies when you used to come visit for your spring breaks every year and they LOVED you!! (and still do!)You were so good with them!
Next, the smells thing, I totally getcha on that! EWWWW!! When I was pregnant with Garett my parents came to visit. One morning after my dad showered his cologne smelled up the whole house! I had to tell him that he couldn't wear it while he was at my house and then I had to open up ALL the windows to air the place out! The sad thing about it is that I've always loved the smell of his cologne! Poor dad! Also, the smell of ANY type of scented hand soap made my dry heave! Yuck! I had to remove all the liquid soap from my house when I was preggers with Logan!
As for the meat thing, watch out for raw chicken, that one is the WORST!! I just opted for frozen dinners and eating out as much as possible in the first trimester!
But, all in all, despite all the "oh woe is me" pregnancy issues we all go through, it is 100% worth it in the end! I'm so happy for you and can't wait to see the little bug!! Congratulations again!
PS-tell Silas that whenever I'm pregnant, not only can I not stand the smell of Adam's breath, I can't stand the smell of him in general, with our without cologne. Our poor men!
I won't write a novel, but Congrats! Thats funny you can't stand the thought of hamburgers :) Thats one of the few things that sounded good to me the first few weeks of pregnancy. Now anything with barbeque sauce or chili powder made me run. Anyways, take it easy and I'm so excited for you both.
Lindsy
AMY!! Congratulation babe!! Hey if you can pump it out on the 2nd of May we can share the same birthday!!!! LOL good luck. -Anne-Marie X
AMY!! Congratulations!!! I am very excited for you, as is Richard!! If you pop out the baby on the 2nd of May we can share one wonderful birthday!!! -Anne-Marie xx
Well, it's clear to me that smelling is the number one issue. So, my professional suggestion is: just stop smelling. And uh, oh, be happy too. And your cured.
Alright so I have no idea what it's like. But it's good to know that these are typical side effects when, in the future, I have babies. I am so excited to be an aunt to my sister's babes. Let me know when to book a flight. And I would like to be the first to know what the sex of the baby is please!!!
I LOVE YOU!!!
Post a Comment