Daisypath Anniversary tickers

2.02.2011

A Quick San Diego Trip

Silas' Uncle Glenn passed away just before Thanksgiving.  We knew it was coming but it's still sad when family and friends pass away.  We were fortunate enough to fly down for the memorial service that Silas' dad, Barry, had arranged.  He did such a wonderful job and I'm so glad we were there to hear all the fun stories about Glenn from family and friends.  Many people came to honor him and it was so great to be part of it!  Uncle Glenn passed away due to complications with diabetes.  As many of you know, I have diabetes and I'm grateful that I am doing all I can at this point to remain healthy! 

On a brighter note...during our quick trip we, OF COURSE, were able to spend some time with Silas' family!  We had a great time even though it was a short visit...but we knew we'd be back in 3 quick weeks for Christmas.

Here are some pictures from the weekend:

The bouquet Silas' work sent for the memorial. So nice.

Silas and Chrissy

Glenn's fast pitch softball number. #10

Barry


Chrissy, Auntie Kathi (Glenn's sister), Meritt, and Silas

Silas and Colin (Kathi's son)

Chrissy and Silas...on our way home.

Not bad, not bad.

There always has to be a traveling shot...Olivea in the back!

Cute Uncle Silas with Livy, Meritt and Collette.

Ready to find that perfect Christmas tree!

Visited with the animals first...cute goose!


Grandma Cakey and Olivea saying hello.

Collette enjoying Uncle Silas...I think..


and some Auntie Amy, too!

I had the honor of cutting down the "perfect tree". First timer!!


Easier than I thought...fresh wood is easier to cut!!





Hauling off the tree!  Doesn't my hair look fabulous??

Collette and Creepy Baby

She was just starting to take steps while we were there.



3 comments:

McKenna said...

How fun is that.. cutting down your own Christmas tree? You are so beautiful!

Fortuna Watt said...

Your hair did look fabulous. Prettiest lumberjack ever.

Kacey said...

I think its funny that you wrote "doesn't my hair look fabulous?" because I was actually thinking that it really does look fabulous (before I read that!)...it's getting so long!!